Augmented Reality or in short AR is the term used to describe the mixture of real vs Virtual. Its the real time mixing of virtual environment to a real world.
Ever wonder if you could find the name of the soccer player by pointing your iPhone to the field and get the name written right on top of the player , like your PS3 game. How it would be if you can do a price comparison and product review of a product by just pointing your phone on to it. Now Thats Augmented reality. Ever wonder whether its possible to do some thing like visualizing and creating you dream in thin air like you see Tony Stark design his super-powered suit, Thats Augmented Reality. And its real today.
The Term was introduced in 1990 by Thomas Caudell, an employee of Boeing at the time. Today after 20 years , the term is now a reality with IPhone and Android phone coming up with applications that can engage you in a virtual world completely filled with you and me .
The technology is now used in various areas including educations , medical science, entertainment and many many more. the recent example to say is the movie avatar.
The movie avatar in terms can be defined as a mixture of special effects and Augmented Reality. The creatures in the movie is actually real people been acted in the seen where the output from the camera is converted in real time to the creature through the same technology.
Read more about AR in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_reality
1 Comment to “What is Augmented Reality ?”
Take it with you!
- Instant Method Finder : My first Coldfusion Builder extension!
- Create coldfusion builder snippets from cflib repository
- Tip:Difference between resistive and capacitive touch screen.
- Why QR code is cool and easy with smartphones !!!!!
- Tip : Getting unsorted query columns in coldfusion
- Coldfusion Builder
- Project Management
- Tips and Tricks
- composeDateTime May 3, 2013Creates a date time from optional date parts […]
- convertQueryStringToStruct April 6, 2013Converts a URL query string to a struct […]
- arrayDiff April 5, 2013Compares two arrays and returns the difference between the two. […]
- ArrayOfStructsSort April 4, 2013Sorts an array of structures based on a key in the structures. […]
- directoryCopy March 21, 2013Copies a directory. […]
- invokeRemoteMethodByJSON March 10, 2013Invoke a remote method using cfhttp and JSON proxy […]
- SmallCaps March 10, 2013Formats a string to simulate the small-caps style without using the css font-variant attribute. […]
- ArrayCartesianProduct March 10, 2013Returns a cartesian product (a join) of arbitrary number of arrays. […]
- listReFilterNoCase March 10, 2013Filters a target list, given a list of regex filters. […]