There are several touchscreen technologies available in the market these days. Out of them 2 are very popular with mobile phones and PDA’s . “Resistive” and “Capacitive” touch screen.
Resistive touchscreen are comparatively lower in price than active touchscreens. They are built with two flexible sheet coated with a resistive material and separated by microdots or air gaps. when pressed the sheets come in contact and register the contact location. Resistive technology works great with screens mostly used with stylus or any pointing object. But not very efficient in registering the pin point location when used with finger.
Capacitive touchscreen on the other hand is a glass surface coated with transparent conductors like indium tin oxide . As the human body is also a conductor, touching the screen with finger creates a electrostatic field, measurable as a change in capacitance. This location is then registered and action is made.
Most of the new touchscreen available in the market are now equipped with Capacitive touchscreen (pretty much all android and Apple phones).
iPad,iPhone,iPod, Android Phones,Nokia N97 and All New touch screens with multi touch have touch screens which are capacitive or something more superior than that.
1 Comment to “Tip:Difference between resistive and capacitive touch screen.”
Take it with you!
- Instant Method Finder : My first Coldfusion Builder extension!
- Create coldfusion builder snippets from cflib repository
- Tip:Difference between resistive and capacitive touch screen.
- Why QR code is cool and easy with smartphones !!!!!
- Tip : Getting unsorted query columns in coldfusion
- Coldfusion Builder
- Project Management
- Tips and Tricks
- convertQueryStringToStruct December 27, 2013Converts a URL query string to a struct […]
- getExcelPercentile December 27, 2013Returns the requested percentile() […]
- makeStopwatch December 22, 2013Returns functions for recording a sequence of timed events […]
- dayOfWeekAsInteger December 9, 2013Converts a day string to a number. […]
- createLocalisedDayOfWeekAsInteger December 8, 2013Returns a localised version of dayOfWeekAsInteger() (http://www.cflib.org/udf/dayOfWeekAsInteger) […]
- createEventObject December 5, 2013Creates functions for event-handling in CFML […]
- hasDoNotTrackHeader December 4, 2013Support for the "Do Not Track" HTTP header […]
- isDefinedValue October 30, 2013Checks that a variable is defined and that the variable is not an empty value. Optionally lets you check that the variable is a specific value. […]
- defer October 21, 2013A function to hand of a job to a separate thread […]