There are several touchscreen technologies available in the market these days. Out of them 2 are very popular with mobile phones and PDA’s . “Resistive” and “Capacitive” touch screen.
Resistive touchscreen are comparatively lower in price than active touchscreens. They are built with two flexible sheet coated with a resistive material and separated by microdots or air gaps. when pressed the sheets come in contact and register the contact location. Resistive technology works great with screens mostly used with stylus or any pointing object. But not very efficient in registering the pin point location when used with finger.
Capacitive touchscreen on the other hand is a glass surface coated with transparent conductors like indium tin oxide . As the human body is also a conductor, touching the screen with finger creates a electrostatic field, measurable as a change in capacitance. This location is then registered and action is made.
Most of the new touchscreen available in the market are now equipped with Capacitive touchscreen (pretty much all android and Apple phones).
iPad,iPhone,iPod, Android Phones,Nokia N97 and All New touch screens with multi touch have touch screens which are capacitive or something more superior than that.
1 Comment to “Tip:Difference between resistive and capacitive touch screen.”
Take it with you!
- Instant Method Finder : My first Coldfusion Builder extension!
- Create coldfusion builder snippets from cflib repository
- Tip:Difference between resistive and capacitive touch screen.
- Why QR code is cool and easy with smartphones !!!!!
- Tip : Getting unsorted query columns in coldfusion
- Coldfusion Builder
- Project Management
- Tips and Tricks
- calcIRR November 13, 2014Calculate IRR. […]
- getWeekOfMonth November 13, 2014Returns the week number in a month for any given date (1-5). […]
- createPrimeNumberSequence October 17, 2014Creates a "generator" for returning prime numbers, in sequence […]
- timeZoneNow October 2, 2014Show the current date/time for a given time zone. […]
- queryExecute September 22, 2014Backport of QueryExecute in CF11 to CF9 & CF10 […]
- deleteDirectory September 19, 2014Recursively delete a directory. […]
- firstXDayOfMonth July 6, 2014Returns a date object of the first occurrence of a specified day in the given month and year. […]
- arrayMap June 23, 2014arrayMap() for CF9/10 […]
- queryGetRow June 21, 2014This function returns a struct having all the lowercased columns as keys and their corresponding values […]